The Southampton Cultural Center Announces a New Program:
Local Talent @ SCC
To further the Southampton Cultural Center’s mission to enrich the cultural life of the community, Local Talent @ SCC will provide a performance venue for local talent to showcase their work at no charge to selected participants. The SCC welcomes submissions from local performance artists and educators to be a part of this exciting new program for recitals, student concerts, and other qualified performances at the Levitas Center for the Arts. Interested participants must be a resident of or have a teaching studio on the East End of Long Island. To apply in a timely manner, please submit the Local Talent @ SCC application form found HERE.
SCC will make every effort to accommodate all requests but please be advised that there is limited availability due to regularly scheduled SCC programming. The proposed performance has to comply with the mission of the Southampton Cultural Center.
- The Levitas Center seats up to 180 people and is equipped with two grand pianos. There is a tuning fee of $160 per piano. For performances featuring piano soloists, the tuning fee is generously subsidized by Liliane Questel, pianist and Board member
- At an additional cost, the SCC can provide personnel to design and operate theatrical lighting.
- At an additional cost, the SCC can provide personnel to hang stage curtains.
- The SCC will provide a member of its staff to run the box office.
- Participants may set their own ticket prices but $5 of every ticket sold goes to the SCC. Anything above that the participant may keep.
Local Talent at SCC Application Form